Our purpose is to transform and save lives.
Just Cause Statements
- Every youth will have an opportunity to achieve their full potential
- What we invest in is what we value (staff, youth, families, and community partners)
Mission and Vision
The mission of the Ohio Department of Youth Services is to improve Ohio's future by habilitating youth and empowering families and communities. The vision of the agency is a safer Ohio: one youth, one family and one community at a time.
- Safety (staff, youth, community)
- Cultural Competence
- Demonstrate staff are our greatest resource
- Treat everyone with respect
- Cultivate a trauma responsive environment for staff and youth to thrive
- Provide the best support and services for youth and families
- Advance our culture of inclusion through understanding and appreciating staff and youth differences
- Commit to and encourage collaboration and continuous improvement to produce better outcomes for those we serve
- Celebrate collective successes and support one another through opportunities to improve